- You must be at least 13 years old to use the Website.
- You may not post violent, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful or other inappropriate photos or other content via the Website.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and you agree you will not sell, transfer, license or assign your account, followers, username, or any account rights. With the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients, PERL prohibits the creation of and you agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent that all information you provide or provided to PERL upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
- You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other Website users.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
- You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Website, including, without limitation, your or any other person’s social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses.
- You may not use the Website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, state and local) applicable to your use of the Website and your Content (defined below), including but not limited to, copyright and trademark laws.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials (collectively, “Content”) that you submit, post, share, distribute or display on or via the Website.
- You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Website or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Website.
- You must not create, solicit, or submit unwanted comments or other forms of commercial or harassing communications (e.g., “spam”) to any Website users.
- You must not use domain names or web URLs in your username without prior written consent from PERL.
- You must not interfere or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive, malicious, intrusive, or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any Website page is rendered or displayed in a user’s browser or device.
- You must not create accounts with the Website through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Website or your access to the Website for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you.
- We reserve the right to refuse access to the Website to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username for any reason.
- You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Website, whether online or offline. You agree that PERL is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. PERL reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgment when interacting with others, including when you submit or post Content or any personal or other information.
- There may be links from the Website, or from communications you receive from the Website, to third-party web sites or features. There may also be links to third-party web sites or features in images or comments within the Website. The Website may include third-party content that we do not control, maintain or endorse. Functionality on the Website may also permit interactions between the Website and a third-party web site or feature, including applications that connect the Website or your profile on the Website with a third-party web site or feature. For example, the Website may include a feature that enables you to share Content from the Website or your Content with a third party, which may be publicly posted on that third party’s service or application. Using this functionality typically requires you to login to your account on the third-party service and you do so at your own risk. PERL does not control any of these third-party web services or any of their content. You expressly acknowledge and agree that PERL is in no way responsible or liable for any such third-party services or features. YOUR CORRESPONDENCE AND BUSINESS DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES FOUND THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY. You may choose, at your sole and absolute discretion and risk, to use applications that connect the Website or your profile on the Website with a third-party service (each, an “Application”) and such Application may interact with, connect to or gather and/or pull information from and to your Website profile. By using such Applications, you acknowledge and agree to the following: (i) if you use an Application to share information, you are consenting to information about your profile on the Website being shared; (ii) your use of an Application may cause personally identifying information to be publicly disclosed and/or associated with you, even if PERL has not itself provided such information; and (iii) your use of an Application is at your own option and risk, and you will hold PERL harmless for activity related to the Application.
- You agree that you are responsible for all data charges you incur through use of the Website.
- We prohibit crawling, scraping, caching or otherwise accessing any content on the Website via automated means, including but not limited to, user profiles and photos (except as may be the result of standard search engine protocols or technologies used by a search engine with Website’s consent).
- The Website may be supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that PERL may place such advertising and promotions on the Website or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
- You acknowledge that we may not always identify paid services, sponsored content, or commercial communications as such.
- The Website contains content owned or licensed by PERL (“PERL Content”). PERL Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and, as between you and PERL, PERL owns and retains all rights in the PERL Content and the Website. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the PERL Content and you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise exploit the PERL Content.
- The PERL name and logo are trademarks of PERL, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of PERL. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of PERL, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from PERL.
- Although it is PERL’s intention for the Website to be available as much as possible, there will be occasions when the Website may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. Also, PERL reserves the right to remove any Content from the Website for any reason, without prior notice. Content removed from the Website may continue to be stored by PERL, including, without limitation, in order to comply with certain legal obligations, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, PERL encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, PERL is not a backup service and you agree that you will not rely on the Website for the purposes of Content backup or storage. PERL will not be liable to you or third-party beneficiaries for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Website, or the loss of any Content. You also acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of Content or other information may not be secure.
- It is PERL’s policy not to accept or consider content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials other than those we have specifically requested and to which certain specific terms, conditions and requirements may apply. This is to avoid any misunderstandings if your ideas are similar to those we have developed or are developing independently. Accordingly, PERL does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas, and takes no responsibility for any materials or ideas so transmitted. If, despite our policy, you choose to send us content, information, ideas, suggestions, or other materials, you further agree that PERL is free to use any such content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials, for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing and marketing products and services, without any liability or payment of any kind to you. You further acknowledge that it is in PERL’s sole discretion to share, reproduce, publish, or post on the Website any Content submitted by you or on your behalf.
Reporting Copyright and Other Violations
PERL respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we prohibit users of our Website from submitting, uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting any materials that violate another person’s intellectual property rights. To report any issues or allegations of infringement, please contact PERL at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Attn: Website Administrator
Mid-South Peace and Justice Center
3573 Southern Ave.
Memphis, TN 38111
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE APPLICABLE LAW, PERL OFFERS THE WEBSITE “AS-IS” AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE WEBSITE, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. PERL DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OR CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT PERL’S SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. PERL DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING USE OR THE RESULT OF USE OF THE CONTENT IN TERMS OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND THEN ONLY TO THAT EXTENT, IN NO EVENT WILL PERL, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AFFILIATES OR AGENTS (“THE PERL PARTIES”) BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE OR INCOME, LOST PROFITS, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY THAT ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE (OR THE TERMINATION THEREOF FOR ANY REASON), EVEN IF THE PERL PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
PERL does not endorse, APPROVE OR VERIFY ANY posted CONTENT on the Website AND THE PERL PARTIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE WHATSOEVER IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY CONTENT POSTED ON THE WEBSITE (INCLUDING CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT RELATING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE WEBSITE, FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR FOR THE CONDUCT OF THIRD PARTIES WHETHER ON THE WEBSITE OR RELATING TO THE WEBSITE.
Other Legal Notices
- You may only use the Website for lawful purposes and may not take any action that might compromise the security of the Website, render the Website inaccessible to others or otherwise cause damage to the Website or its content. You may not attempt to modify or access any Content that is not intended for you. You may not use the Website in any manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties. Unauthorized use of this Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. If you choose to access this Website from outside of the United States of America, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
Attn: Website Administrator
Mid-South Peace and Justice Center
3573 Southern Ave.
Memphis, TN 38111
Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Website (“Users”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
- Information you provide us directly:
- Any username and password information provided for Website registration and login.
- Your name, contact and other user profile information you may provide (e.g., address, phone number, email), such as when registering on the Website, making a donation or signing up to receive PERL emails.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you provide to post to the Website, along with any information you provide about yourself and the content.
- Communications between you and PERL. For example, we may send you emails regarding PERL, donation confirmations, the Website, or technical and security notices. Note that you may not be able to opt out of certain Website-related e-mails.
- Analytics information:
- We may use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Website. These tools collect information sent by your device or the Website, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Website. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
- Cookies and similar technologies:
- Log file information:
- Log file information may be automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) the Website. It can also be provided when the content of the Website is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use the Website, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Website, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Website.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can indicate how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Metadata associated with certain types of User Content, such as pictures, may also include location information about where the Content was recorded (i.e., geotags).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Process donations through our payments processor;
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing;
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Website;
- Develop and test new products and features;
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; or
- Diagnose or fix technology problems.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent, sell or share your information to third parties outside PERL without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
- Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, metadata and usage data) with third-party organizations that help us provide the Website to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Website under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
- Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information (e.g., name) or content (e.g., picture) that you voluntarily share or disclose for posting to the Website becomes available to the public.
- What happens in the event of a change of control:
- Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Website will be stored and processed in the United States.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Website secure and take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, PERL cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to PERL or guarantee that information on the Website may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any non-public information that you provide, accessing the Website and making donations from a secure computer or device, and for controlling access to emails between you and PERL, at all times. Your information may also be affected by changes the social media services you are connected with when accessing the Website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter). We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
- Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Website-related communications (e.g., account verification, donation confirmations, technical and security notices).
- Contact us to learn more about reviewing or modifying your account information.
- How long we keep your User Content:
PERL does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Website. The Website and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact PERL using the Contact page.
DO NOT TRACK
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
HOW TO CONTACT US
Attn: Website Administrator
Mid-South Peace and Justice Center
3573 Southern Ave.
Memphis, TN 38111